Western Bhutan Tour + Druk Path Trek
On this fabulous cultural tour with a short six days Druk Path trek you will travel from Paro to Thimphu or vice versa, crossing the chain of mountains that separate the two valleys. Although the route is sparsely inhabited, there are wonderful lakes ...
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Min Pax
|Duration: 12 Days | Best Month: March to mid May & September to mid November | Trip Grade: Medium/Hard | Maximum Altitude: 4200m | Trekking Hour Per Day: 4-5 hrs daily | Starting Point: Paro | End Point: Mothitang (Thimphu) | Number of Pax: 4+ | Style of Trek: Hotel based + Camp|
On this fabulous cultural tour with a short six days Druk Path trek you will travel from Paro to Thimphu or vice versa, crossing the chain of mountains that separate the two valleys. Although the route is sparsely inhabited, there are wonderful lakes teeming with fish and the area is famous for its spectacular rhododendron forests, which bloom in May. In the clear weather of late autumn and winter there are great views of the Himalayas. The trekking trail takes you through thick alpine forest and dwarf rhododendron tress exposing beautiful views of the mountains and valley including Mt. Gangkar Puensum, the highest mountain in Bhutan. During the course, trekkers will also have the opportunity to get a glimpse of a nomad’s life. Although the trek leads up to altitudes above 4,000m it is not too challenging as walking distances between the camps are not too long.
Day 01: Arrival Paro & transfer to hotel
Day 02: After breakfast drive to Thimpu, O/N at Thimpu
Day 03: Thimpu sightseeing, O/N at Thimpu.
Day 04: After breakfast drive to Wangdue Phodrang (3 hrs)
Day 05: Drive to Thimpu
Day 06: Trek to Phajoding (4/5 hrs, 8km)
Day 07: Trek to Simkota Tsho (5/6 hrs, 10km)
Day 08: Trek to Jimilang Tsho (5 hrs, 11km)
Day 09: Trek to Jangchu Lakha (5 hrs, 11km)
Day 10: Trek to Jili Dzong (4/5 hrs, 10km)
Day 11: Trek ends and drive to Paro (4 hrs)
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu or any other destinations
• Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus as per group size
• Standard government approved hotel/guesthouse accommodation (twin sharing room) in Bhutan
• Service of a licensed English speaking Bhutanese Tour Guide
• All sightseeing tours
• Monument /Museum entrance Fees
• All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee during your stay in Bhutan.
• Cultural show with traditional mask dances & folk dances for Group Tours
• Government Royalty
• Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan
• Toyota 4 X 4 luggage vans & light trucks for group travel
• All our government taxes
• Tourist service charge, vat
• Official expenses
• Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing charge
• Tented accommodation and equipments during the camping trek (water proof two-three man dome tents, sleeping mattress, air pillows, dining tents, kitchen gears, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
• All trekking arrangements and required number of staff
• All trekking permits logistics & fees
• Route Permits & monument access permits
• Luggage will be carried by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations.
• Druk Air flight tickets
• Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service and al a cart meals
• Your travel & medical insurance
• International airfares and airport departure tax
• Photography charges (if & when applicable).
• Other expenses of personal nature such as laundry etc
• Tips to guides, restaurants, hotel lobby, porters and trekking staff (Tipping is expected.)
• Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes part